Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Love you more than...

 [Emily] time! (what my mom and I would call it when I was little and we would lay on my bed and talk)
 HAPPY 17 AGUSTUS! Hari kemerdekaan Indonesia Raya! Merah putih merdeka!
Indonesian Independance day

PS why do I feel like using my real name is a swear word? Haha but I have this ongoing list of "You know you're on a mission when..." Wanna hear a few?
   you feel the need to pray before everything eg. brush your teeth, shower, exercise, run downstairs
   you automatically refer to anyone by Sister or Brother (especially when you don't know their name)
   your every sentence includes at least 2 acronyms eg "I just got off the HP with the DL and he told us the ZL's said ZTM is going to be after MLC but lets make sure we WPS before then."
   the biggest gossip you hear is about moves
   your English sounds worse than your other language
   you complain that personal study is ONLY one hour!
   you look forward to Mondays
   you can tell the age of an Elder by the whiteness of his shirt
   you worry about and discuss "the world"
   you're a total church geek and love it
   you use the word "trunky" to describe every missionary older than yourself
   you've fallen asleep while sitting up in a chair and teaching someone
   your real name sounds funny (or like a swear word haha)
   you actually fasted for 24 hours
   you have the Liahona and General Conference issues memorized by cover and talks
   7 AM is now "sleeping in"
Well I think that this week has been extremely weird. Last week I was with Sister Allred meeting her family and since then we have had 14 more missionaries come in, a mission leadership conference, a zone meeting, sleeping at the mission home with one of the new sisters, and 3 people that said they want to be baptized next month. Whew! 

Last weeks F.H.E. with Keluarga Allred

Best news of the week: IBU LELY IS GOING TO BE BAPTIZED NEXT MONTH! SEPTEMBER 5... 6... or 7th... uskup says he wants it on Sunday so probably the 7th. We are fasting and praying for her so that all of her family, money, church or whatever problems, won't get in the way of her getting baptized. It was such a great lesson! We ask her if she's been reading the Book of Mormon and she said "YES! And guess what verse I just found! Alma 34:33. "do not procrastinate the day of your repentance" and then goes on to tell us that she has been thinking about getting baptized on her birthday September 5th. Wahhhhh so excited! Like honestly what an answer to prayers! PLEASE pray for her! It needs to happen!

All the busy-ness has been good for me to adjust. Haha I need to get back into the "not sister allred" mission mindset. We just have kindof been together since Jogja last fall. But how cool that we keep having so many investigators at church and progressing towards baptism and now we just need to baptize four a month and we're happy!

My awesome companion Sister Olsen, me and Sister Ingersoll

Funniest thing of the week: we met up with an investigator that's impossible to ever find and when we sit down to teach her she keeps telling us all these lovely, empty things about how much she loves being at our church (never been) and how she has already finished the Book of Mormon (doesn't know who Nephi is) but anyways.... She said the closing prayer and prayed to US! The sisters! Apa the heck!? It wasn't in the name of Christ or anything but she just goes off about like "Thank you Sisters for all that thou has blest me with..." We were so caught off guard that when she said Amen we were like "uhhh do we 'amen' that?" 

Also another funny thing is when this brand new elder says "Sister Sheffield, you're like a celebrity! I stayed up every Sunday night to read your blog" Haha maybe I could start giving out signatures eh? Haha

Other cool things: ~we met Tante Bella's neice on Saturday, she came to church on Sunday and wants to be baptized in September!
~Met with Vita and her dad! She is slowly coming back to a good point in learning. Still love her to death!
~We got our new pass-along cards printed! So weird to see the real thing! After all this time of working on them... 
One scripture before I finish. Alma 30:34. "And now, if we do not receive anything for our labors in the church, what doth it profit us to labor in the church save it were to declare the truth, that we may have rejoicings in the joy of our brethren?"

I love Indonesia! :)
Can't wait to hear about Powell and Samuel's birthday! HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY JOSHUA! You're not really "little" tornado anymore ya? Make sure you flour him for me Andrew! And happy anniversary Mom and Dad! Thanks for falling in love :) remember how the mission makes you excited for future? This week I am excited to be a mom with little kids and me and my husband being super poor living in a tiny apartment. What great memories from when I was a little kid! 
KEEP GOING STRONG! Bertahan sampai akhir! (translated: Hang on till the end) Have a great first week of school! Love you to the moon and back! Give everyone my love
<3 Sister Sheff

Pictures: PS sorry I forgot to bring my old memory card since I just started this new one so... this is all I have for now
1. Last week's FHE with Keluarga Allred ;)
2. HAPPY 17 AGUSTUS! Hari kemerdekaan Indonesia Raya! Merah putih merdeka! Indonesian Independance day

3. My awsome new companion Sister Olsen, me and Sister Ingersoll 

No comments:

Post a Comment