Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I love you more than....

mom's drawing/doodles :)

Last week's letter was full of typo's (sorry about that) but Manado was nice. The sisters are really busy out there and that is so good to see! Also it was so cool to fly out there, passed the equator you know :) But it was just like a paradise, kinda what we pictured for the Other Side of Heaven. I ate fish by the ocean with Sis Fisher and it was soooo cool! BUT then we got sick the next day... still worth it! One thing about flying those is that the world is always trying to invade mission work like when all the people around you are watching TV and movies and you try to just ignore it all. 

OH GUESS WHAT?! THIS IS MY ONE YEAR MARK THIS WEEK! Yeah that is crazy... 
I've noticed a pattern in the mission. The title is "Mission Cycle: What you Put In is What you Get Out". Basically it starts with no one to teach so you do a ton of proselyting for a week. The next week is following up. The next two weeks are feeling good with some people to meet then the next week after that they alllll disappear/drop us. So then the week after THAT, you are just confused what happened then the next week you start over with a ton of finding. And if you work, you are successful. If not, you just stay at that first week and never progress. So simple but so true! Just do it :)
One of our favorite investigators and her friend Ibu Lely and Sis. Adelina

One more thing- I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON. The Book of Mormon alone is all the evidence I need to convince me that this is God's church on the earth today. We had a really great testimony meeting the other day too and it was just so amazing to feel the spirit working in our hearts here in Jakarta. One thing is on my mish I have been learning so much more from the New Testament because I feel like I didn't truly study it before. And that has been great! I have learned SO much about my Savior and come to love Him even more. But this last week I focused back more on the Book of Mormon and WHOA it just hit me! The feeling is so different from the New Testament, but so much better! If anyone, literally anyone, wants to have a more fulfilling life, READ THE BOOK OF MORMON! And if you can, study it with the New Testament... it'll change your life. :)

Asas-Asas Injil (gospel doctrine class - SOOOO COOOL!)

Vita is sincerely progressing leaps and bounds and it is amazing to see. BUT she still doesn't want to make a baptismal date so we are just praying for her to feel ready. Please pray for her too. OUR WARD is SOOOOO cool. I could just gush about our ward forever. It is soooo small but the new members are SO tight. It is just the perfect place for investigators to come and learn. Yesterday we were at church all day just teaching and stuff and we finished a lesson at 6 PM and the members were still there! They just were chatting it up with the investigators and think its no big deal that they were at church alllllll day. They have institute after church and all our investigators love to go too. They are all so supportive of each other! The only thing is that the older members of the ward with families and things, seem a little removed from this missionary fire. We are going to work on bridging that gap. We have one "investigator" that we have been trying to give to the elders but he seriously just follows us everywhere and is always trying to take us out to dinner or have us visit his campus. #sistermissionaryproblems
 
Walking down the street because it was faster than with the buses in traffic
Funny things that Indonesians say: "the weather has been so bad lately. It's probably just because the Lord is coming again soon. Isn't the world just getting wicked?"
"Dang am I going to have diarrhea today? My stomach hurts"
"You are so beautiful! Your nose is so tall!"
"You have a cold... its probably because you drank cold water."
"How often does your church fast?"

My Indonesia Wonderland
Isn't this place amazing? This is a picture from our M.L.C. hike

"Someday I am going to America. Maybe you could give me your address and I'll visit! [oh where are you going to?] New York City!"
"you're from church. can you help me? I have a lot of debt. I only need $100 US dollars that’s all!"
"Is your life like the TV show 90210?" 
"I'm on a diet where I don't eat rice. I just eat cake, bread and noodles instead"
And then just all their hilarious philosophical ideas about the Lord. I love listening to people here. 

They are ALL so religious! Did I ever tell you that you have to list your religion on your license? And people are like challenging each other to see who is more religious. (Sadly Christians are like the scandalous people here)
Really cool random mosque
We have no really other progressing investigators but a few potentials that we are going to work with this week.
PS One deep doctrinal question: what is the Holy Ghost's role in eternity? Will He also receive a body or some sort of inheritance? Would He also need the saving ordinances (baptism/marriage/etc)?

I'm sure praying for you all and I can't wait to talk to you soon! LOTS OF LOVE FROM INDO!
-Sis Sheff

D&C 35:24
MY MTC DISTRICT!!! 

For p-day last week we went ice skating as a district

M.L.C. Hike



No comments:

Post a Comment