Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I love you more than...


traveling the world.

I am going on my first trip today as a Sister Trainer for exchanges and so we are going to the airport soon. That's why my email will be short and flustered. Maaf! :)

I feel that at this point in my mission, everything has changed for the better-- a complete 180. We have had more baptisms in these last 2 months than in the whole first half of last year. Our mission has gone LEAPS and BOUNDS since I got here and it is because of an amazing mission president who works tirelessly and expects his missionaries to do the same. New life goal: marry a mission president. (you know what, let's just shoot for nabi and see where we land.)
Oh PS nabi is indonesian for prophet
 
The JakartaDistrict for the farewell of Sis. Situmorang and Elder/Sister Kusumarmanto
JAKARTA! I am quickly adapting to the city life. I feels I am living in New York City in a fancy apartment and working for some huge company but just a little bit different-better. I am a missionary in Jakarta. Basically now I am the most spoiled ever, chillin’ at the mission home and traveling the entire mission to do exchanges with the other sister missionaries. AND our apartment has hot water! :):):):):) Hot showers are to die for. All the Elders are jealous because we are so spoiled as the Sis Trainers because we have hot water. We always joke that we are the A.P.W. = Assistant to the President's Wife. haha :) And we are SOOO bule (american) here. I have Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries for breakfast and I pulled out my real shoes (not crocs) but they gave me massive blisters in the first 10 minutes.
 
Sister Allred and I in our high-rise fancy-schmancy loft apartment
But on the spiritual note... This is a new phase in my mission and it is the greatest feeling ever. I have been so impressed by the talk “Becoming a Consecrated Missionary” by Elder Callister and have not been able to think of anything else. That is my greatest desire. And now I have a dream comp, a dream calling and I think I have finally reached the point where I can let go of myself and get to work. And oh how the miracles have come! I cannot even describe this feeling, it's like my potential is all cooped up inside and I'm just starting to tap into it. I'm improving what I already have been doing. My prayers have improved, my focus has improved and my work has improved. Sister Allred and I are so blessed to work together here in Jakarta and have so much potential in our big city! Sis Allred and I aren't here in Jakarta the whole week so the little time we have left is always busy.

With some oe the Jakarta 1 ward and the A.P.'s (assistant to the president)

One miracle: The other day Sis Allred prayed in the morning to find a family of 5 with 3 little kids and after waiting for 2 hours for our bus which never came, we talked to this lady and she starts telling us how she wanted to talk to us but had no courage. She met missionaries a while back but lost their card/pamphlet and has been trying to contact them ever since. Long story short, she is an answer to that prayer and we are so excited by all the potential and miracles we are seeing flood us everyday.
 
the ugly version
Funny stories... well I found out that I thought when I said "oh sayang sekali" which SHOULD mean "so sweet" that it actually means "how unfortunate" so I have basically my whole mission been telling every married couple or little girl that they are very unfortunate.
K I have to go. I'm always praying for you and can't wait to skype in a few months to check up on you all! Give everyone my love and hugs and if you have any good ideas for us as Sister Trainers or any advice as missionaries: LET ME KNOW! :) We would love to hear it. I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT! I love my family!

<3 always Sister Sheff

No comments:

Post a Comment